Ask a Plastic Product Fabricating Company : What’s the Best Plastic Fabrication Material for My Specific Application?March 16, 2017 7:21 pm
In the world of manufacturing, to “fabricate” means to create or manufacture something from appropriate materials. So, in regards to plastic fabrication, this is a term used to describe the process in which plastic products are created from processes such as machining, thermoforming, molding, stamping, extrusion and others. Plastic has various uses in our lives—like home improvement, marine and auto parts and safety equipment—and it’s especially important to the manufacturing industry.
“Plastic” is a general term, which is why it’s important for you to learn about the types of plastic materials that can be used, and for what applications. Whether you need a thin, thick, textured or smooth material, you have many choices, and to make things easier, there are companies that specialize in custom plastic fabrication.
Now, here’s a good question to ask a plastic product fabricating company in Orem, UT: “What is the best plastic fabrication material to use for my specific project?”
- Acrylic: This is a rigid plastic that can resist long-term exposure to sunlight and other harsh elements. Its composition offers great clarity and light transmission, which makes acrylic ideal for signs, safety shields and display fixtures. Acrylic is available in many different colors, but you can also stick with the transparent option.
- Polycarbonate: Not only is polycarbonate strong, rigid and transparent, but it also has important electrical insulating traits that hold up in various temperatures and pressure. Since it can be processed in many ways, you’ll find it used in things like sunroofs, windows, doors, safety guards for machines and various outdoor applications.
- UHMW: Short for “ultra high molecular weight polyethylene,” UHMW plastic is ideal for machine and vehicle components that take a beating—like industrial truck bed liners and chain guides.
- Styrene: This plastic material is good quality and low cost that comes in white. Custom colors are typically available upon request from a plastic product fabricating company in Orem, UT. Styrene is largely utilized in the manufacturing of retail displays like interior signage, or used to make items such as custom frames and trays through vacuum forming.
- ABS: Acrylonitrile butadiene styrene has both incredible impact and mechanical strength. It’s a top material choice for vacuum formed and fabricated automotive components—including dashboards, interior trim and power mirror coverings.
- Expanded PVC: Expanded polyvinyl chloride is hailed for being lightweight and easy to cut, work and fabricate for a number of applications. It’s hard, yet smooth surface makes it ideal for signs, laminating, silk screening, printing and store displays.
- PETG sheets: PETG is short for glycol-modified polyethylene terephthalate, which is a transparent plastic sheet that offers a great deal of clarity and light transmission when combines with a high gloss. Its impact-resistant quality makes it good for signage and sign holders, and it’s approved for applications involving contact with food.
If you are looking for an experienced plastic product fabricating company in Orem, UT to help you complete a project that calls for plastic materials, then the experts at D&D Plastics are the team to call. Feel free to contact us anytime with questions or service requests!
Categorised in: Plastic Fabrication Company
This post was written by Writer
Comments are closed here.