Owning a brick and mortar retail shop is a big deal. You are your own boss, you get to sell products that interest you and you get the final say in your store’s setup, so why not make decisions that you can benefit from for years to come? One such decision is choosing the right store fixtures, which must be dependable and well built—and stylish too. Retail store owners use fixtures to display items in a way that catches the eyes of customers, who’ll then want to make purchases.
Would you ever consider fixtures made of plastic? It’s a material that’s economical and versatile, and readily available from plastic fabricators. There are many ways that a shop specializing in plastic product fabrication in Utah can help your business, like making the perfect shelves and cases for your needs. Let’s take a look at the advantages of using custom acrylic display cases.
What is acrylic?
Acrylic is a specific type of plastic that resembles glass and is used when glass is not ideal or practical. And while acrylic has the benefits of glass, it’s relatively inexpensive and doesn’t shatter if dropped or exposed to pressure. This useful material is used to make a variety of products, but today we are going to talk about acrylic display cases:
- Transparency: Unlike typical plastic sheets, acrylic allows a clearer view of the products that are displayed in cases. This is because acrylic cases do not reflect light, and in turn, merchandise displayed behind acrylic will not look distorted.
- View from all angles: You will get good optical clarity with acrylic display cases. This is another excellent advantage. A clear view through all sides of a case means your customers will be able to look at your products from all angles.
- Customizable: Acrylic plastic sheets are easy to manage. With the right tools and equipment, an experienced plastic fabricator can create all sorts of customized fixtures for your store. That means store owners can customize the size of their display cases to ensure they fit exactly where they are needed. Got an oddly angled space in your shop? No problem!
- Durability: If you want your store display cases to be strong and durable enough to support the weight of many light or heavy items without collapsing, then invest in acrylic cases. Additionally, acrylic stands up well to physical impact, like falls and hard bumps.
- Lightweight: Quality acrylic is about half the weight of glass, making it an easy material to work with in a fabrication shop. This is an especially great benefit for store owners because a pro can accommodate just about any custom design request.
- Easy maintenance: Easily remove dust from acrylic cases by first blowing away dust with compressed air—wiping up dust with a dry cloth may scratch surfaces—then wash gently with a mixture of mild dish soap and warm water using a clean, lint-free cloth.
If you want to learn more about custom acrylic display cases for your business, then make the call to D&D Plastics. We’re the experts in plastic product fabrication in Utah. Contact us today!
Categorised in: Plastic Product Fabrication
This post was written by Writer