What Is an Acrylic Sheet, and How Can It Be Used?November 14, 2019 8:57 pm Leave your thoughts
An acrylic sheet, also known as plexiglass, is a type of thermoplastic. Thermoplastics can be heated to an injectable state for placement in a mold. This makes them extremely versatile in their application. Once melted, these plastic sheets for sale in Utah can be molded into any shape you need.
Acrylic sheets are also resistant to yellowing, scratches and abrasions, and they protect against UV damage. The main drawback to keep in mind with this diverse product is that it is quite rigid, so it is susceptible to cracks and chips while it is being installed. Still, due to its versatility and overall durability, acrylic can be used in a wide range of applications:
- Acrylic mirror sheeting: This type of acrylic sheet is available in an array of colors and textures. This makes it ideal for toys, retail displays, casino fixtures, and cosmetic displays. It is also used for a variety of applications in the restaurant industry.
- Anti-static acrylic sheeting: If not protected, electronic items can be damaged by electrostatic discharge. By coating products with this type of acrylic sheeting, manufacturers prevent static electricity. It also adds strength and durability to the product, as well as resistance to chemicals.
- Black and white acrylic sheeting: Also known as cast acrylic, this plexiglass features a unique formula that makes it appear white at night and black during the day, for optimal visibility. It is perfect for displays, billboards and other advertising solutions.
- Bullet-resistant acrylic sheeting: Yes, plastic can withstand a bullet. Bullet-resistant plastic is clear, strong and lightweight, making it ideal for bulletproof glass for storefronts and other properties.
- Dry erase acrylic sheeting: This innovative acrylic design offers a great option for your office. Dry erase plexiglass sheets offer a durable surface that is easy to work on and resistant to abrasion.
- Framing grade acrylic sheeting: This style of plastic sheets for sale in Utah offers the greatest UV protection. It absorbs up to 98 percent of UV rays, offering great protection to anything on the other side of the plastic. This makes it ideal for framing art, photographs or documents.
- See-through mirror acrylic sheeting: Using acrylic sheeting instead of glass to create a see-through mirror adds more durability to the product. It creates a solid two-way mirror to use for privacy and observation needs.
- White acrylic sheeting: This extremely clear acrylic sheeting offers an elegant finish. It is great for furniture products, signage, aquariums, lighting and x-ray film readers.
For more in-depth information on plastic sheets for sale in Utah, contact your local plastics experts at D&D Plastics. With over 35 years of experience, we have the knowledge and skills to answer your questions and assist you with your next plastics project. We specialize in custom plastics, sheets of plastic, tubing, thermoforming, vacuum forming, acrylic, plastic rod, ABS and polycarbonate and much more. We focus on creating a win-win with our customers and want them to succeed and grow with us. Our customers always have and always will come first, and no project is too small for our team. Reach out to us today to learn more!
Categorised in: Acrylic Plastic Sheets
This post was written by Writer