Top Reasons to Manufacture Your Plastic Products in the United StatesMarch 23, 2020 10:07 pm Leave your thoughts
As the world becomes more interconnected and technology improves by leaps and bounds, there are more and more places to manufacture your plastic products. While many overseas companies may be less expensive, it’s harder to determine their work and production standards, whether they’ll deliver when they say they will and to be compensated if something goes awry. That’s why we suggest getting your plastic product production needs met right here in Utah, with D&D Plastics.
Here’s why our clients love working with an American plastic fabricator:
- Better quality: There are plenty of high-quality overseas manufacturers out there, but the problem is that they’re overseas. What you might save in production costs will be made up for in shipping and time. Meanwhile, most American manufacturers produce high-quality goods. They might be more expensive than what you can get from your average overseas facility, but they’ll also be of higher quality and faster to ship, among other benefits.
- Support the local economy: Now more than ever, it’s important to pour our funds into the local and national economies. Every dollar you spend here helps fund national, state and local programs, as well as supports and creates local jobs. It’s a win-win situation for everyone when you choose to invest in plastic product production in Utah.
- American-made costs are comparatively decreasing: We said American-made goods might be more expensive, so you might be surprised to hear that those costs have been steadily decreasing in recent years. Canada and the Middle East are the top two cheapest ethylene manufacturers, but the United States is number three. Plus, costs in China and other traditionally inexpensive countries are increasing, thanks to higher wages and better protections for workers.
- Local innovation is leading the industry: The United States is consistently a source of innovation and new technology for plastic production. In fact, the country leads the world in 3D printing, among other novel manufacturing and production processes. Why go elsewhere when the best technology is invented right here at home?
- Clients own and keep the molds: Finally, in the United States, the trend is to ship the molds to the client, along with the manufactured goods. In other countries, the company keeps the mold. If you have proprietary secrets you don’t want other companies to own or imitate, American-made is the clear choice here. It allows you to exert more control over the production process as well as the product you’re developing.
In short, manufacturing your plastic products in America gives you the opportunity to retain more control over the production process and the product itself, while delivering high-quality results at competitive prices.
Plastic product production in Utah
D&D Plastics has over 35 years of experience in designing and manufacturing plastic products. Our team helps clients develop their products, then manufactures them to their exact specifications. We are skilled at vacuum forming and fabrication and are dedicated to innovation. Reach out to our experts today to learn more about what we can do for you. We look forward to working with you soon.
Categorised in: Plastic Product Fabrication
This post was written by Writer