Acrylic sheets are used for a wide variety of purposes in the world of fabrication. These sheets are available in full sheets, standard sizes or custom cut-to-size sheets, allowing them to meet the needs of a range of clients across a variety of industries.
You’ve probably come across acrylic plastic sheets more frequently in the last year and a half, as they’ve been used to create sneeze guards and plastic barriers for businesses and other settings during the COVID-19 pandemic. But they can also be used for windows, signage, glazing and display materials, and are favored for their strength, moisture resistance and clarity when compared to glass and other materials.
These sheets can also come in different colors, beyond just clear sheets that are meant to mimic glass. They can be transparent, translucent or opaque as well, giving you all sorts of design options.
Here are just a few examples of some of the benefits of using professional acrylic sheets for your fabricating and projects:
- Strength: Acrylic plexiglass has been shown in some cases to be 17 times stronger than glass, while only about half the weight. That remarkable strength makes it highly beneficial for use in many different settings, including displays, airline windows and much more.
- Weight: As mentioned above, acrylic plastic weighs about half as much as glass by volume. This creates a lot of versatility with the kinds of products and parts that can be made with acrylic without getting bogged down by an unnecessary amount of weight.
- Durability: Acrylic sheets are more than capable of standing up to the elements. And because of their strength, they’re able to last long into the future, making them an outstanding investment.
- Clarity: In many cases, acrylic sheets are capable of being designed with even greater clarity than what you can get from glass. In applications where it needs to be see-through, this makes it an outstanding choice.
- Versatility: Acrylic sheets are used in many residential, commercial and industrial applications. You can find it used in windows, shields, sneeze guards, barriers, signage, lighting, aquariums, picture frames, glazing, display cases in retail settings, point of purchase displays, COVID-19 barriers, restaurant fixtures, pharmacy windows, noise reduction equipment and lighting, among others.
- Cost effective: In many applications, acrylic plastic sheets cost less than glass, which means you can get more for your investment by opting for plastic.
Are you interested in learning more about some of the capabilities of acrylic plastic sheets? You’ll be amazed at the sheer number of options you have when you decide to choose acrylic for your next project.
At D&D Plastics, we have more than 40 years of experience in fabrication and plastics and would be happy to discuss your upcoming job and offer any recommendations we can provide. Contact us to learn more about the work we do with plastics and how we can be of assistance to you when you’re in need of custom work with professional acrylic sheets. We look forward to hearing from you soon.
Categorised in: Acrylic Plastic Sheets
This post was written by Writer