Five Major Types of Plastic ExplainedFebruary 15, 2019 8:00 pm Leave your thoughts
Plastic is an incredibly versatile type of material that can be made to fit a wide variety of applications and specifications. You encounter numerous different types of plastics on a daily basis, but you might not pay much attention to the different varieties of plastics until you need to start planning or developing a plastic part, product or component of your own. To help you determine which type of plastic sheets in Utah is right for you, it’s a good idea to learn more about a few of the most common plastic variations that you have to choose from:
- Polyvinyl Chloride (PVC): PVC is well known for its use in construction. Depending on how PVC is fabricated, it can be made to be either flexible or rigid, but it is most common in its more rigid form. PVC can be mixed with additional components and materials to produce the desired structure, and it’s used for a wide variety of applications, from electrical and plumbing insulation to store displays and kiosks.
- Acrylonitrile-Butadiene-Styrene (ABS): ABS is a strong, durable, flexible and glossy plastic material that is used for things like automotive applications, toys, bike helmets and luggage, as well as in the refrigeration industry. This material is popular because of its high processability and its relatively low cost in comparison with other types of plastic.
- Polypropylene (PP): PP is the second most commonly produced synthetic plastic material. PP is popular because of its incredible flexibility and damage resistance. Because of the heat, acid and pressure resistance of PP, it is frequently used for parts and components in laboratory, automotive, medical and manufacturing applications.
- Polyethylene (PE): PE is the most common type of plastic, and it’s used around the world for a long list of applications across industries. There are several different densities of PE that can be manufactured depending on the specific application. Plastic sheets in Utah made with PE can be used for everything from plastic bags and food storage containers to boats and folding chairs.
- Polyethylene Terephthalate (PETE): PETE is another popular type of plastic that is useful for a variety of different applications. It has a chemical structure that’s resistant to water and organic materials, and it is one of the easiest types of plastic to recycle. Plastic sheets in Utah made with PETE are strong, durable and resistant to cracking. This plastic is used to make fibers for clothing as well as food containers and engineering resins, among other things.
You can find out more about different types of plastic sheets in Utah by reaching out to D&D Plastics today. Since 1980, we have been proud to provide plastic products and services to our customers. We are committed to delivering exceptional quality to every single customer we work with so that they can get the best results from their plastic product design, manufacturing and development. You can learn more about everything that we have to offer and arrange a consultation and quote by giving our team a call today.
Categorised in: Plastic Sheets
This post was written by Writer